• We compile CMPs and Statements for collections and, as needed we involve subject specialist colleagues such as curators, transport and carriage experts, and archivists.
• We can put together a team of colleagues with all the necessary knowledge, skills and experience, such as surveyors, architectural historians, architects, archaeologists, landscape specialists, to enable us to compile CMPs for all assets.
• We work closely with clients, stakeholders and contractors working on related policies, to produce documents that reflect the real situation and the the aims and needs of the institution.
• We can help to develop documentation including conservation and collection care policies and plans, collection development plans and Arts Council England Accreditation documentation.
• We can develop guidelines and standards.
We provide conservation services and advice to architects, designers, exhibition organisers, transport agents, museum and collection managers, gallery owners and private collectors.
• Condition reporting for objects on temporary loan.
• Advice on display and storage conditions.
• Detailed quantitative assessments of storage and display space requirements.
• Assessment of conservation needs for objects.
• Comprehensive courier service.
• Risk assessment for exhibitions, collection care, long-term storage and temporary installations.
• Planning and management for the relocation of collections or objects.
• Assemble a team to organise and manage exhibition installation and de-installation, including international travelling exhibitions.
• Meeting insurance and indemnity requirements.
We can provide bespoke training for volunteers and collection staff on the following:
• Collection care, preventive conservation and conservation housekeeping.
• Packing, handling, moving, marking and labelling.
• Development of Collection Management Policies.
• Conservation cleaning.
• Managing risks and assessing collections. Where appropriate we follow up training sessions with visits to provide support, mentoring and development.
Conservation and Preservation Advice:
• We carry out condition and risk surveys and assessments to provide data on the needs of a collection to help inform conservation and collection care planning.
• Carry out and interpret environmental monitoring, develop light plans and advise on IPM, housekeeping programmes and emergency planning.
• Carry out or support basic conservation services.